For those who are married to either a British Citizen or a person who is present and settled in the UK (or who will be coming with you at the same time to settle in the UK).

You can apply for a spouse visa from overseas. Alternatively you may be able to apply from within the UK (e.g. from a fiancé/fiancée visa). You should seek professional advice before making any UK visa application, as this is a complicated application and there a number of financial requirements that need to be met to qualify for this visa.

The spouse visa is granted for two years initially. Towards the end of this period, you will be eligible to apply for a further three year extension, where after having spent five years on a Spouse Visa you would be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain.  If you are married and have lived with your spouse outside the UK for more than four years, you should qualify for Indefinite Leave to Enter the UK.

If you would like us to manage this spouse visa application on your behalf, you should seek professional advice at an early stage, to ensure that the application is fully prepared and any relevant timing or immigration issues addressed.

Start your FREE spouse visa assessment